Become an Intern
University of Illinois Asian American Alumni Network is looking for students who are passionate about frosting the relationship between Asian and Asian American global community in both academic and social settings at Urbana-Champaign Campus
What you can get out of it:
Work with student leaders across major and campus. Opportunities to get in touch with alumni from various industry and locations. One step away from get yourself a paid internship or a job in the nearly future. Become more familiar with Asian and Asian Americans culture and history
Who are we looking for:
1. Programming Assistant:
● Assist program planning in Chicago. Plan and implement programs in Champaign with AACC and other liaison. Include arrange schedule for alumni visiting on campus.
● Knowledgeable of campus calendar and AAPI RSO‘s event calendar. Serve as a marketing representative and promote UIAAAN at various on campus event.
Report to: Programming Director
2. Alumni & Student Relationship Assistant:
● Work closely with UIAAAN Alumni & Student Relationship Director and programming staff at AACC to assist correspondence with alumni and students for events and programs.
● Educate the students the mission of UIAAAN and encourage student to connect with UIAAAN and alumni through email and social media
Report to: Alumni & Student Relationship Director
3. Alumni & Student Recognition Assistant:
● Historical, archive research for alumni interview and recognition.
● Serve as an ambassador of UIAAAN scholarship and identify outstanding students for the scholarship
Report to Organizational Development Director (alumni recognition) and President (UIAAAN scholarship)
1. Meet with UIAAAN board member on campus at least once a month.
2. Participate UIAAAN board meeting and assisting minute taking and follow ups (rotate)
3. All interns shall working as a team to support UIAAAN, AACC and AAS
No experience required preferably organizational skills, initiative and positive attitude.
Detail internship description: Unpaid, flexible working hours (2 hours average per week per role)
Duration: Fall 2015
Contact person: Ning Zulauf at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Updated: 8-06-2015